What is a VPN (virtual private network)?
In enterprise computing, a VPN is a secure tunnel that extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network.
In consumer computing, a VPN is a secure tunnel that hides end users’ online activity.
Enterprise VPN Solutions
- Site-to-Site VPN. In cloud architecture, a site-to-site vpn tunnel allows an organisation’s main office to securely establish a connection to the company’s cloud resources over the public internet.
- Site-to-Multisite VPN. This vpn type allows multiple branches to securely establish a connection to the company’s cloud resources over the public internet.
- Cloud-to-cloud VPN. This vpn type allows an organisation’s cloud resources that are hosted on multiple cloud providers to establish secure connections with each other.
- Point-to-Site VPN. This vpn type is for creating secure connections to cloud resources from end user devices like laptops, tablets, and smart-phones when the users are not in the company network. It is mostly used by employees who are expected to work from home and those that are always on the road.
Consumer VPN Solutions
- Self Hosted VPN Server. This solution is for any private individual who wants to host their own VPN server in the cloud and use it to connect an unlimited number of devices to bypass surveillance by ISPs, mobile operators, and intelligence agencies.
Talk to us!!
We have the technical know-how to assist you setup, configure, and manage any of the VPN solutions listed above.